Safely Access the Rail Corridor
Course Cost: $230.00
This course involves the skills and knowledge required to enter the rail corridor under supervision in accordance with Access Provider, legislative/regulatory requirements key generic hazards of the operational rail environment, including electrical safety awareness. This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as an employee or employer who require access to the rail corridor. This training is delivered under agreement with Firstaid Advantage, RTO 32273.
Participants who successfully complete this training program will be issued with:
- TLIF2080C - Safely Access the Rail Corridor
Recommended refresher every 12 months as required.
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Workplace Approved throughout Australia.
The purpose of this course is to introduce new and existing rail workers to the induction requirements of recognised standard.
Students are reminded to check with their relevant state rail Access Provider for access requirements, access to a rail corridor is reliant on the relevant Access Providers permission.
Recommended for students over 18 years only.
It is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
No experience in the rail industry is necessary to attend this course. Appropriate clothing, hat and enclosed footwear are required.
- Safety precautions to access the rail corridor and danger zone
- Follow workplace policies, procedures and protocols
- Take appropriate action in an emergency situation
- Access Provider defined entry requirements, limitations and extent of rail corridor
- Access Provider policies, procedures and protocols for identified unsafe situations or emergencies within the limits of the role being undertaken
- Access Provider rules and procedures for working around electrical infrastructure
- Basic rail terminology as defined by the applicable network
- Effective communication with individuals and/or groups
Requirements for Completion
100% attendance, participation and written assessment.