S123 Mining Supervisor
Course Cost: $595.00
The course comprises three units of competency which have specified by the Coal and Metalliferous Mining Safety and Health Advisory Boards for any person authorised to supervise workers on a mine. This course is required by legislation to be refreshed at least every 5 years. This training is delivered by agreement with Hazeldean Training and Development RTO 40500.
Participants who successfully complete this training program will be issued with:
- RIIRIS301D - Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS301D - Conduct safety and health investigations
- RIICOM301D - Communicate information
Recommended refresher every 5 years.
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Workplace Approved throughout Australia.
The course is relevant to those intending to supervise workers in the mining, resources and construction industry.
The purpose of this course is to introduce new and existing mine workers and mine construction supervisors to the requirements of recognised industry standard.
Recommended for students over 18 years with a supervisory role in or related to the mining industry.
The course ensures the learner has the skills and knowledge to meet the requirements of the 3 units of competency including:
- Control measure selection and implementation
- Implementation risk management methods for effective supervision of workers
- Identification of hazards, analysis of risk and the implementation of controls
- Analysis of information to identify contributing factors and root cause
- Collection of evidence
- Applying recommendations to mitigate risk reoccurrence
- Workplace supervision
- Information delivery (Shift Prestart and/or Toolbox Talk)
- Workplace negotiation
Requirements for Completion
100% attendance, participation and written assessment.