1 Day Enter and Work
Course Cost: $165.00 AUD
This course is designed to assist employees and employers in understanding the hazards, legislative requirements, codes of practice and Australia Standards relating needed to enter and work in a confined space.
Participants will gain important knowledge in site and equipment safety requirements, confined space entry and exit procedures, risk and regulations. Participants will also be provided with information and use of testing equipment in regard to potential air contaminants and gases.
Confined space permitting, energy isolation, participant responsibilities and workplace control are imparted in the program.
Statement of Attainment:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
Recommended refresher every 24 months
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Workplace Approved throughout Australia.
Confined space entry training is suitable for persons working in any industry including mining, construction, utilities, oil and gas, Defence and government who may enter storage tanks, silos, open-topped spaces, pipes, sewers, ducts, cargo tanks etc. during the course of work.
It is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course. There is no pre-requisite for this unit. Recommended for students over 14yrs only.
- Access, interpret and apply procedures for confined space entry
- Obtain, confirm, clarify/apply work instructions, safety requirements and agreed procedure
- Obtain, confirm and apply authorisation (entry permit) meets regulatory requirements
- Confirm the emergency response procedure is with the stand-by person and understood
- Identify, obtain and implement signage and barrier requirements
- Position rescue equipment by the entry permit
- Conduct inspection of the confined space
- Gain access, enter and exit to confined space correctly
- Ensure that the atmosphere is tested and monitored for harmful elements
- Correctly apply tagging and lock-out procedures
- Maintain ongoing communication with the stand-by person
- Comply with entry permit requirements
- Secure access to the confined space
- Remove tagging and lock-out
- Accurately complete confined space entry permit
Requirements for Completion
100% attendance and participation.