Work at Heights Refresher
Course Cost: $165.00 AUD
Working at Heights training is standard for those required to undertake safe working practices when working at heights or depths. The training program covers the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment.
Each student will be involved in practical exercises and trained in the use of heights equipment. The practical simulations will cover the proper selection and use of heights equipment and suspension trauma requirements.
Statement of Attainment – RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
Recommended refresher every 24 months
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Workplace Approved throughout Australia.
Work at Heights Refresher training is suitable for persons working in any industry including mining, construction, retail, utilities, oil and gas, Defence and government who have the potential to fall from one level to another during the course of work and have completed Work at Heights training in the previous twelve months.
It is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear are required.
Students are required to provide a copy of their Work at Heights competency/certificate. Recommended for students over 14yrs only.
- Understanding of legislation, regulations, and standards of working at heights
- Access, interpret and apply work health and safety procedures and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Correct maintenance and inspections of heights equipment
- Correct inspection and fitting of full body harnesses
- Hazard identification & risk assessment using hierarchy of control
- Rescue & emergency procedure
- Understanding of the forces generated from falls
- Establish and maintain a clean and tidy safe working area
- Obtain permits and clearances before specialised work is carried out
- Identify and apply site procedures for conducting high-risk activities
Requirements for Completion
100% attendance and participation.