Course Cost: $110.00 AUD
AS 1891.4:2009 - 1.4.8 Heights Safety Equipment Inspector – A person who is competent in the skills needed to detect faults in height safety equipment and determine remedial action. Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a Certificate of Completion not a Statement of Attainment.
This course is suitable for workers who are required to maintain skill levels for the inspection of Heights Equipment in the workplace to Australian Standard AS1891.4:2009.
The course is also suitable for the general public, organisations and corporate clients and will provide participants with the knowledge to confidently inspect and maintain heights equipment.
This course can be contextualised to suit your specific requirements.
Statement of Attainment:
- Certificate of Competency in Heights Equipment Inspection
Recommended refresher every 24 months The course is aligned to WHS Legislation, Managing the Risk of Falls at Workplaces Code of Practice 2015 and Australian Standard.
Suitable for persons working in any industry where inspection of heights equipment are a part of their duties and a duty of care exists.
It is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
There is no pre-requisite for this unit. Recommended for students over 14yrs only.
- Selection, inspection, use and maintenance of Height of Height Equipment
- Requirements of Legislation, Cod of Practice and Australian Standard
- Regular Scheduled Periodic Inspection
- Fall Arrest Devices
- Horizontal and Vertical Life Lines
- Equipment which has Arrested, Defected or Life Expired
- Storage, Transport & Maintenance
- Inspection and maintenance records
Requirements for Completion
100% attendance and participation.