Provide First Aid
Course Cost: $130.00
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation & Provide first aid incorporates HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation & HLTAID003 Provide first aid. This course will provide participants with the knowledge to confidently provide first aid & CPR.
This course is suitable for the general public, organisations and corporate clients and will provide participants with the knowledge to confidently provide first aid & CPR.
Course includes all training materials and emailed First Aid Manual.
Statement of Attainment – HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation & HLTAID003 Provide first aid The course is nationally recognised.
Course Duration is 7 hours face-to-face delivery. No pre-course work required Training and assessment is conducted in a friendly classroom setting that reflects a real emergency environment.
Training may include but in not limited to practical class sessions, written work, self-paced activities, group discussions, debate and practical work. The course is assessed by Competency Based Assessment.
This course is suitable for anyone requiring HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation & HLTAID003 Provide first aid for the workplace or public.
Students are required to provide an email address to forward First Aid Manual prior to course commencement. It is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course. Recommended to students over 14yrs of age.
It is important to note that the HLTAID competency standards do require a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment. These standards relate to the level of performance required to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life.
Due to the potential risk to health and safety where a nominated first aider, or worker with duty of care, does not have the ability to perform resuscitation and/or first aid to the performance standard it is not appropriate to issue a statement of attainment to students who are physically unable to meet the assessment requirements.
Working knowledge of:
- abdominal injuries
- allergic reactions
- altered and loss of consciousness
- burns – thermal, chemical, friction, electrical
- cardiac arrest
- chest pain
- choking/airway obstruction
- envenomation – snake, spider, insect and marine bites and stings
- environmental impact such as hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration, heat stroke
- injuries- cold and crush injuries; eye and ear injuries; head, neck and spinal injuries; minor skin injuries; needle stick injuries; soft tissue injuries including sprains, strains, dislocations, fractures
- medical conditions, including cardiac conditions, epilepsy, diabetes, asthma and other respiratory conditions
- poisoning and toxic substances (including chemical contamination)
- respiratory distress
- substance misuse – common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- unconsciousness, not breathing or not breathing normally
- Guidelines for provision of first aid as outlined in Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and guidelines of Australian national peak clinical bodies and State / Territory legislation and regulations
- Social / legal issues including:
- duty of care
- importance of debriefing
- need to be culturally aware, sensitive and respectful
- own skills and limitations
- Understanding of:
- basic work health and safety requirements in the provision of first aid
- basic principles and concepts underlying the practice of first aid
- chain of survival
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- priorities of management in first aid when dealing with life threatening conditions
- procedures for dealing with major and minor injury and illness
- Understanding of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), including when to use and when not to.
- Understanding the causes of asphyxia due to body position
Requirements for Completion
Competency requires 100% attendance and participation.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid – 3 years
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – 12 months.
Our comprehensive student management system will remind you when your certificate is due to be renewed.